Sunday, March 2, 2014

Spring Break- Photo Diary




I was hoping this week would go by slowly. There was so much I wanted to do and so little time! But just as I had expected, my time home flew by and before I knew it I was back on a plane and off to Boston.
I was lucky to have sunny and warm weather (felt like Summer after being in the Boston cold) all week, which made wandering around the city a lot more pleasant.
The first thing I did after walking through the door was rush to my family's kitchen to stuff my face with bread and cheese- the best and grandest breakfast I'd had in a while.
My week consisted of strolls through the Luxembourg Garden, a chocolate crepe with the rents at our favorite neighborhood cafe: Le Rostand, wandering around Les Tuileries, going to the Cartier Bresson photography exhibit at the Centre Pompidou, some bargain shopping, and lots of food in my belly.
Big shout out to my maman and papa for making it possible for me to come home!

Cafe Discovery
Cafe Carette (photo: 6): Located at 25 Place des Vosges, Cafe Carette is in a beautiful and quaint area of Paris called le Marais. Le Marais is known for its unique boutiques and many vintage stores. I went to Carette with my mom for afternoon tea. They have a great tea and pastry combo and a wide variety of pastries and snacks. I highly recommend this place if you want an authentic Parisian "delicatesse" experience. Plus, there is some great people watching!

(Boots- Andre, , Creme cardigan- Urban Outfitters, White top with black collar- Monoprix, Jeans with ankle zipper: Old Navy)